New helix 9

All things Helix!!
Kenny Tarmack

New helix 9

Post by Kenny Tarmack » Wed May 04, 2016 11:07 am

Just got it hooked up, is there anyway to get waypoints off my handheld garmin imported into the helix unit. I'm quite illiterate when it comes to this type of thing so any links , tutorials, etc. would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Wayne P.

Re: New helix 9

Post by Wayne P. » Wed May 04, 2016 6:37 pm

If you can, export your data to a memory card, then translate the data to GPX with GPSBabel if they are not already GPX.

Then load that data to HumminbirdPC.

After that load the HumminbirdPC file to another memory card using the arrows on the card symbol so the data gets put in a Matrix folder so the unit will recognize it and load it.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

Kenny Tarmack

Post by Kenny Tarmack » Thu May 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for the help Wayne, forwarded this to my brother who understands it and will help me next time we get together, saves me 10,000 hours of putting waypoints in manually. Will let you know when it's done and how it went. Thank you so much!

Kenny Tarmack

Post by Kenny Tarmack » Sat May 07, 2016 11:56 am

Tried this unit out last nite was very impressed! Only issue was that I lost the bottom at about 120' on down image and side image. Read manual today. And max bottom is set to auto am I missing something wayne? Thanks in advance ,Barry