Mounting Transducer on my New 859ci HD DI

1100, 900, 800 and 700 series Units without Side Imaging
proskeeterman

Mounting Transducer on my New 859ci HD DI

Post by proskeeterman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Greetings everyone, I'm brand new to this forum. Just got a 859ci HD DI for xmas and found out I cannot use the Universal sonar on my Minn-Kota. So I will have to mount the transducer to the trolling motor. Are there any tricks to this, like a different bracket or a mounting kit? Or do i just do the best I can and mount it on the underside and square it as best i can? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated and my thanks to all that reply.

Wayne P.

Re: Mounting Transducer on my New 859ci HD DI

Post by Wayne P. » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Exchange the included transducer for the proper one for your application-a trolling motor puck version.
That transducer has extra internal shielding to combat possible trolling motor RFI
Contact Humminbird Customer Service.

XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T

It will also give you the 83 kKz capability for 2D sonar instead of the 455 kHz. Just change the transducer select setting in the unit menu.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

proskeeterman

Post by proskeeterman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Wayne thanks for the info. Do I have to purchase the puck transducer or is it an even exchange? When I call tech support I assume they will walk me thru this process, Yes? Thanks again, for your help on this. :D

Marc

proskeeterman

Post by proskeeterman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Wayne, if I exchange these transducers (putting the puck type on my trolling mtr), will it still give me the down Imaging?

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Dont' know about the cost of each, check the Humminbird web site in the transducer listing.
I would guess it is a straight swap.

Did you notice the "DI" in the transducer model number?

There are two DI trolling motor pucks, one for the small screen units and another for the larger screen units.
Small screen: XTM 9 DI 25 T
Larger screen: XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T

In no case should you adapt a transom transducer for trolling motor mounting if there is a puck version available. That is the difference between mounting a unit and installing a unit. An installation is better and takes into consideration the unit's use.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

proskeeterman

Post by proskeeterman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Wayne, just wanted to say Thank You for your help. I must also apologize to you, for inside the package was info telling me how to exchange the transducer, I just didn't read it. Sorry for the inconvience. It was mailed off this morning and for future ref there was NO ChARGE for the exchange. Have a Great New Year and Thanks again. Marc