Problem with 787 after down loading updates

1100, 900, 800 and 700 series Units without Side Imaging
k9paws

Problem with 787 after down loading updates

Post by k9paws » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 am

Hello
I just put the updates in for both my 797 and 787. The 797 works fine. The 787 does not. I resored the default settings loaded the in the updates as per on screen instructions and it came up with the updates loaded message then the restrating message, which it never did. The screen just went to a yellowish/green blank screen. Let it set for a bit no change and tried to turn it off. No luck. Had to shut it off at the master switch on the boat. Started the unit up again without the SD card in he slot and all I got was a glowing spot in the center of the screen. Let is t set, the spot reduced some but that was all and again it would not turn off at the unit, had to turn it off at the boat master switch.
Any ideal of what could be causing this?

Thanks
Have a Great Day
Gary

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 am

Sounds like something went wrong during the update wich could be several things. Have you tried installing the memory card with the software update in the unit again and power it on?
You can also try loading an older version of software to see if the unit will flly load the software and start working.
If you or someone you know has the PC Connect cables there is one more thing that you can try, otherwise you would need to contact the Humminbird Customer Resource folks about getting your unit in to be fixed.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

k9paws

Post by k9paws » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

thanks Greg

I did put the SD back in and powered it again, but did not work. I'll check for an older update when I get home tonight.
Hope it does not have to go in for repair. If so will have to consider whether it is worth it, or should I just get a new one.

Thanks again.
Have a Great Day
Gary

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 am

Did an older version of software help Gary?
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can