Weird Problems with 788ci

1100, 900, 800 and 700 series Units without Side Imaging
nitroman042

Weird Problems with 788ci

Post by nitroman042 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Hello,

I just made the switch from Lowrance to Humminbird and so far I must say that I am very happy with my decision when everything works, which is 90% of the time. The 798 on my console runs perfectly and I have no complaints. However, I have had problems with the 788ci that I run on my bow. Here are the issues that I have had with the 788ci...

1. When I purchased the unit, all defaults were standard US measurement. I believe after I did the update the unit changed its defaults to metric. This in itself is not that big of deal to me but depending on how the unit is feeling day to day it can often times freeze, shut off, and restart into metric measurement. The biggest pain is resetting the settings to US measurement four or five times a day when you are trying to fish.

2. The unit appeared to fry my SD card and I cannot figure out why?

3. Sometimes the unit will just shut off randomly when fishing independent of hitting big waves.

4. Lastly, do any of you have problems with InterLink slowing down the units at startup? Also, is there any way to set a default so it does not ask you each time you turn on the unit if you want to participate in the network?

Thanks for your help!

NitroMan042
Wade