New 6.300 or 6.310 software for some older Humminbird units

1100, 900, 800 and 700 series Units without Side Imaging
Humminbird_Greg

New 6.300 or 6.310 software for some older Humminbird units

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 am

There has been a new round of software updates for some of the older Humminbird units. Here is a list of the non-Si units that have so far received updates. There may be others added over the next few weeks; so be sure to check your Humminbird account at least once a month.

788c
788ci
917c
957c
1157c

Use the FAQ section of the web site and do a search on "6.310" for a list of the many changes/additions that this software has.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

misr12

Post by misr12 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:09 am

I just got update notice from Humminbird for my 788CI HD 2012 unit. My updte does not say 6.3. I think it says 6.250. Anyway, updated my unit from 5.4. Looks good until I want to transfer in waypoints.

I have an empty unit with no waypoints. I went to install 4 waypoints and now it says I don't have enough memory. Whatup?

Trouble Shooting Questions:

1. What is the format used for SD Cards?
2. Is there a particular style SD Card to be used.

Never had these issues with any prior updates. I hope this is a simple format. I am using a Mac but am formatting these cards to be DOS compatible.

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

The SD card format is dictated by the type of SD memory card used. SD versus SDHC use different formats. These are whatever the industry standard for these are.

Not sure what you are meaning by “style SD Card”. Our units use the SD and SDHC types of memory cards. These are in the original physical size (not Micro or Mini).

Try using the Format Nav Directories menu and see if it will allow you to load the waypoints afterwards.

Where did these waypoints come from originally? We have been getting some reports of converted waypoints or waypoints from other programs (not originally from HumminbirdPC or a Humminbird unit) that will not load or will cause problems with the units.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can