I have a new 21' Glastron ski/fish boat arriving this week (yah, I'm pretty excited!), and I need to pick up the finders and associated parts for my install.
I want to mount a 788ci at the helm and connect it to a QuadraBeam transducer on the transom. I also want to mount a 778c at the bow, connected to the US2 transducer on my Minn Kota. From some reading and talking to HBird cust. service, I have this info:
1. I'll need to buy the QuadraBeam transducer separately (XNT 9QB 90T)
2. I'll need to get the US2 adapter (MKR US2 8)
3. I will also need to buy mounting hardware for each finder.
4. Both finders should be powered from the cranking/starting battery.
5. Interference could be a problem. Of course I want to operate both finders simultaneously.
Beyond this, what else will I need? Hints/tips/warnings? I'd like to move straight from the "install phase" to the "functioning correctly phase", bypassing the "troubleshooting phase" completely. Specifically, I need advice on how to install these to eliminate potential noise and interference.
Thanks in advance for any help,