Problem with interlink and my 2- 1157c's

1100, 900, 800 and 700 series Units without Side Imaging
ShaneB

Problem with interlink and my 2- 1157c's

Post by ShaneB » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:50 am

I have a problem, just got the new boat out today, and the 2 1157c's i have, I have them interlinked, one gps, We followed the diagram when wiring and wired everything though the accesory y cables, into the interlink then took graph 2 out of the interlink and to the front graph. Everything works, and the interlink even says that the interlink is hooked up, but I can't get the GPS or weathersense to show up on the front graph. Everything else works and i have everything on the back graph, just no gps or weathersense on front graph. Also i seen that I can use 2 gps pucks for quicker response time and wire it with the interlink how do i do that?

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

ShaneB,
Is there a post or graphic that you can let us see how you have everything connected?

Here is how I would have two units, each with their own GPS Receiver connected to a WeatherSense and InterLink:

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

ShaneB

Post by ShaneB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I actually have it wired the excact way u have it drawn, minus the 2nd gps, other than that it is the same? maybe its a setting in the graph? but it doesnt even show me gps is available, I also was wondering if i should have a on/off switch for my gps, like the lowrances require?

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:04 am

ShaneB,
The unit that has the WeatherSense connected to it will have to on and running for the other unit to be able to see and use the information from it. The same is true with the GPS.

I would connect the units up as shown with the two GPS Receivers but would make sure that the WeatherSense is connected to the unit that I would most likely run all day long. That unit will work best if it is connected to the unit 2 connector on the InterLink.

No on/off switch is required for the GPS Receiers, InterLink or WeatherSense. These are powered through the units so when the units are turned off there is no power running to these accessories. Simple right?
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can