Grass, Weeds, and Vegetation

Upload your captures into a specific category. i.e. Brush, Weeds, Rocks, etc...
Craig
Site Admin

Grass, Weeds, and Vegetation

Post by Craig » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:24 am

Post your screen shots of any kind of vegetation below.

Be sure to put the model of SI unit that you used in your picture description.

320hotrod

Shallow weed clumps

Post by 320hotrod » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:16 am

Mud bottom between point and island with a couple of weed clumps. 997c

320hotrod

Weed Beds

Post by 320hotrod » Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 pm

Two of many protected re-vegetation gardens in Smithvile Lake, MO. 997c

lugnut

fish beds and grass

Post by lugnut » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm

fish beds in a bare bottom channel with grass on both sides of the channel

deerejon

How can I post pics?

Post by deerejon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 pm

I would love to post a few pics for feed back as I am a total newb with my 997c and could use some help determiing what I am seeing...

DJ

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1kytU9

Hmm...Maybe I did it...if you can see this what is it? Weeds? How can I tell what type of bottom this is?? What is the RTS window telling me?? ANy help would be appreciated...thank you ..

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:01 pm

This may not be the answer your looking for on RTS. RTS is the Real Time Sonar window. It shows just the live raw signal feedback from the transducer. RTS observation can be very useful for stationary fishing directly below boat. The good news for you is that when the DI update comes out you/we will be able to have a much better understanding of whats directly under boat visually. The traditional down looking sonar is more about the strength of return than producing a visual picture like image. There is a post on here of the new DI that shows a tree in the DI view and in the down looking sonar view simultaneously. This will help illustrate what I mean by strength of signal vs picture like imaging. That's my stab at it Greg will correct whatever I may have just gotten wrong. Here is a link to the image.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsJ8Zk9

If had to guess on what your pic is I would say a stump with some grass perhaps, if it's not man made object of some sort. Hit it with the SI and get a pic.
Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

deerejon

Post by deerejon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks...I was thinking it was a clump of weeds but now that you say stump w/weeds I think that makes sense...the red return is a "hard" return correct? meaning that bllue or lighter would be softer? Mud or weeds... and like rock or hard bottom would be red?
I have some SI movies that I am in the process of figureing out (yellowfin, siview converting data etc...) but will get there....
I have seen shots here where someone goes look at the skirted jig (in the downward) or look at the drop shot etc...for the life of me I cannot see the difference between them and other clutter...I would really like to get a handle on the downward sonar as well as SI....
Thanks for getting back to me...I really appreciate it and will get some more stuff up after this weekend if I can get away from Sons football and daughters soccer and the honeydo list...
Thanks...

DJ

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:42 pm

No prob. Yes red is harder return which is why I said stump with grass. Those other red spots around it may be logs/limbs laying perpendicular to the heading at which you crossed over them. Maybe anyway......
Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

Wayne P.

Egeria (similar to hydrilla)

Post by Wayne P. » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm

798ci SI

Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.