Warren asked me to fill in what's comming in the DrDepth sidescan mosaic version.
Many things from from the depth mapping side of DrDepth can be used with sidescan data
as well, such as waypoint management, distance measurement, generation of maps/images
(for example it is very easy to create a Google Earth overlay). The more sidescan specific
- Drawing of any number of files, using different drawing modes.
- Data management with a side scan database (similar to depth data databases in DrDepth).
- Replay of sidecsan files.
- Depth contour overlay on sidescan mosaic.
- Support for HB .dat/.son and Lowrance .sl2 (xtf will follow).
- Live data with Lowrance LSS1.
- The water column is removed in that cross range distance is based on depth at boat.
The above should be included in the first release (early May probably). Later other bells will
be added, like 3D overlay and cross range correction based on the depth map.