My first pics from 998 yesterday - fish under floating docs?

Post any Random Screen Captures Here
BigEBass

My first pics from 998 yesterday - fish under floating docs?

Post by BigEBass » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am

Hello everyone - I am new to this site and side imaging - I brought out my new HB 998 yesterday - only remembered to take a couple pics - could have taken so more - couldnt figure out how to take pics until later in the day.

We were cruising a creek channel off of dismal creek in lewis smith lake Alabama - creek arm has docks on both sides and they are usually only 5-10 feet from the side of the boat when going through the area - the water in this lake is deep and clear - water levels can change alot - thus the floating/suspending docks - the side imaging feature seemed to questionable see fish under the docks - possibly bait fish as well - again these docks are simply suspending and are held in place by cables from the shore above the water. I only managed one bite off of a shady side of those docs - came unbottoned - I am going to snorkel in that area later when the water warms up to perhaps see what kind of fish stack up in there (again if those are fish?) I really think they were fish cause they would only be under certain docks. I noticed in passing out of the creek that the fish were mainly under the docks on my left side - wind was blowing in that direction, not sure that this was the influencing factor, but I found that interesting to see - I suppose if these fish were fish, and were catcchable with a certain tactic, then this would be a good use of the side imaging.....

anyway more to come...

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

I have some scan pics posted somewhere here of fish below or near to boat and it looks alot like you pic here. I feel 90% sure ou got some fish here and they appear to be nice returns which means bigger fish.
Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

BigEBass

Post by BigEBass » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am

That was exactly my thought - if they were close to the boat or in say only 5 feet of water and the floor of the bottom goes down that deep I wouldnt see a sonar shadow or anything like some of the other shots of fish themselves I have seen on here. It was interesting too cause they were all under the floating docks it seems on the windy side of that creek channel - hardly none seen under the docks on the other side.......and it was near one of these docks I got my only bite of that day - didnt get a good hookset on my swimbait and he came unbuttoned.

BigEBass

Post by BigEBass » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

going to bring my snorkel this weekend - if I see such signals I am gonna get a visual just for fun - I am wondering if those were either big catfish or bigger striper - hopefully there were some big LM's in there :D